Check your assumptions
Before you decide
You may be off to a bad start, and getting it wrong
When we make decisions we always have a set of assumptions in mind, usually in background, not always recognized or made explicit.
Here’s a short list of starting assumptions to check-off before you finally decide:
- Am I the right person to be making this decision?
- Do I have to decide now? Or later?
- Do I have all the information I need to get it right?
- Do I have input from those who will be most affected by the decision?
- Do they have the commitment, capacity, and resources necessary to implement it?
- Am I committed to removing the obstacles and supporting them to the finish line?
OK, now you’re ready to decide. So, do it!
Be better. Do better.
Del Chatterson, your Uncle Ralph
Learn more about Enlightened Entrepreneurship at: LearningEntrepreneurship.com Read more of Uncle Ralph's advice for Entrepreneurs in Don't Do It the Hard Way & The Complete Do-It-Yourself Guide to Business Plans - 2020 Editions.
Read more Blog posts at: LearningEntrepreneurship Blogs.