Basic principles still apply
Stay calm & carry on
Now what? It’s worth remembering the old normal and the basic principles that still apply.
Here are a few reminders:
- Look before you leap.
- Just do it!
- Treat employees well and they’ll treat customers well.
- Buy low, sell high.
- Do your homework.
- Trust your instinct.
- Watch short-term profit, but focus on long-term value.
- Lead strategically, manage minutely.
- Under promise, over deliver.
- DON’T WASTE TIME!
- Make your mother proud.
- People and the planet come first.
- You cannot over-communicate.
- Stay healthy and be well.
An incomplete list, in no particular order. Even some apparent contradictions. So, make your own list of the principles that have worked for you in the past. Focus on those that still apply.
Be better. Do better.
Del Chatterson, Your Uncle Ralph
Learn more about Enlightened Entrepreneurship at: LearningEntrepreneurship.com Read more of Uncle Ralph's advice for Entrepreneurs in Don't Do It the Hard Way & The Complete Do-It-Yourself Guide to Business Plans - 2020 Editions.
Read more Blog posts at: LearningEntrepreneurship Blogs.