Bookstore in a BMW
Wanna buy a book?
It’s been my favourite story about the 4-Ps of Salesmanship* for years. I’ve told it many times and repeated it in my book for entrepreneurs, DON’T DO IT THE HARD WAY, and my Blog posts at www.LearningEntreprenurship.com
Now I’m living it! And learning more lessons about salesmanship and entrepreneurship which I’m happy to share with you.
My current entrepreneurial adventure is to succeed with a series of crime thriller novels about the computer business in the 1980s. The first one is called NO EASY MONEY and our hero, Dale Hunter also drives a BMW, except he would have computer monitors on the back seat not books for sale on the front seat…. More on that Story at my Author website: www.DelvinChatterson.com
It has been an interesting adventure, with important lessons learned for entrepreneurs:
- First, build the best product you can with all the expert advice you can get.
- Don’t neglect the packaging and product presentation, marketing slogans and tag lines that will attract and appeal to your target audience.
- Prepare the marketing and sales plan and get started well in advance on building an audience and understanding them.
- Do your research and get the pricing right. Remember, the price is defined by the market and is not negotiable. The cost is irrelevant and only determines whether you can make an adequate profit or not on every sale.
- Keep testing the product on friends and family until they tell you to STOP! You’ll know they’ve had enough of you when you get those first three important orders, “Get out!”, “Stay out!” and “Don’t come back!”
- Learn as much as you can by giving the product away for free before your try selling it to strangers.
- Sell like Hell!
- Have fun, make money.
Just like any other business. Be better. Do better.
Your Uncle Ralph, Del Chatterson
*P. S. The 4-Ps are Persistent, Patient, Polite & Persuasive.
Visit LearningEntrepreneurship.com for more Blog posts and articles.
Join our mailing listfor regular e-mails with ideas, information and inspiration for entrepreneurs.
Check out Uncle Ralph’s books:“Don’t Do It the Hard Way” and “The Complete Do-It-Yourself Guide to Business Plans” Both are available online or at your favourite bookstore in hard cover, paperback or e-book.